GDAG is pleased to present our annual community art exhibition — Local Artist Show 2023 — a chance to share your artistic creations in a BIG group show filling our gallery space to capacity.
Everyone is welcome, including anyone in our community or with ties to our community. Building on last year’s enthusiastic engagement by over 50 local artists, we will again welcome any kind of art, craft, or creative practice, reflecting the diversity of creativity and expression all around us.
The call for submissions is open to artists, artisans, and craftspeople with any level of experience—professional, beginner, or hobbyist, you are invited!
Submission forms are available now (see guidelines and form below). Register and drop off your artworks between May 24-28 at the gallery.
Art making is something that everyone can participate in, and we all benefit from sharing in a creative, supportive, and welcoming community.
We look forward to seeing you at the gallery and showcasing your creations in the Local Artist Show 2023!
Entry deadline: Sunday, May 28, 2023 Exhibition dates: June 1–30, 2023
• Up to 5 works in any medium can be entered. At the discretion of GDAG’s Director and Curator, we will include as many as possible, depending on volume of submissions and available gallery space.
• All pieces must be ready for installation (i.e. not requiring additional framing or construction by the gallery).
• Recent work made in the past 3 years is preferred, though older works are also acceptable.
• First-time exhibitors, professional, amateur, and hobbyist artists are all welcome to participate.
• Works entered in previous Local Artist Show exhibitions are not eligible.
• Each piece should be clearly labeled with the work title and artist name.
• Artwork submissions are to be delivered to the gallery between May 24-28.
• Artworks to be returned to the artist must be picked up following the exhibition, between July 1-8.
*If you wish to sell your artwork(s), you must clearly identify the price for each piece. GDAG will charge a 30% commission for coordinating sales, packing, storing, and delivering of sold artworks. When identifying the price, please indicate the total price including the 30% commission for each piece. If the artwork is sold, payments of 70% of this total will be made to you following the close of the exhibition.
Complete the form below to register. By submitting this form, the artist agrees to waive all exhibition fees for participation in Local Artist Show 2023 and grants permission to GDAG to document and share the exhibition in photographs and/or videos for promotional purposes. GDAG is not responsible for lost, stolen, or abandoned artwork.
*Printed copies of the submission form are available at the gallery. Please contact us if you require assistance.